Landlord/Tenant Relations

Placing or Buying Your Home in a Rental Community
You may want to place your home on a leased site in a community specifically planned for manufactured housing. If you are interested in a rental community, visit several in the area where you wish to live. Find out what each community offers and the differences among them, including financial aspects.

Questions to Ask
There are several questions you will want to ask before deciding upon a particular community.

  • Is a written lease required and, if so, for how long?
  • What are the charges for utility connections or other services?
  • Who will be responsible for ground maintenance, snow removal, refuse collection, street maintenance, and mail?
  • What are the community's rules and regulations?
  • Are there any special requirements or restrictions when you sell your home?
  • How often will the space rent increase?

    Mobile Home Community Approval
    Almost all communities require that a prospective purchaser of a manufactured or mobile home be approved by the landlord as a tenant before the purchase is final. Be sure you have the approval in writing before committing to the purchase. The landlord is required to provide you with a current copy of the Nevada Revised Statutes (NRS), Chapter 118B at the time you sign the rental or lease agreement.

      The Division’s Landlord/Tenant Investigators are responsible for investigating complaints involving tenants and park management or owners. The Investigators make sure that both the residents and landlords comply with NRS 118B, which protects the rights of both tenants and park management. All complaints must be made in writing to the Division. All complaints to the Division and are considered confidential. In some cases, mediation may be required by the investigators to resolve the dispute.