Home Energy Retrofit Opportunities for Seniors (HEROS)
For questions or more information, please contact
Nevada Housing Division is partnering with the Governor's Office on Energy to provide the Home Energy Retrofit Opportunities for Seniors (HEROS) program. The program assists with reducing energy costs for Nevada seniors by improving the energy efficiency of their home. The program is provided at no cost to income qualified seniors who own their own home.
Nevada Housing Division administers the HEROS program through a network of non-profit Service Provider agencies throughout the State of Nevada. An energy assessment is conducted at the participating senior's home in order to develop a scope of work. Each Service Provider agency retains local contractors with trained crews who install various energy conservation measures.
Each home may receive up to $6,000 in energy saving measures.
- Helps low income seniors by making homes more efficient, resulting in lower monthly energy costs for each household
- Helps seniors live in healthier, safer homes
- Weatherization diagnostic tests help identify dangerous carbon monoxide levels
- Improves home energy conservation which is good for the environment
- Seniors aged 60 years and better
- Must be an NV Energy customer
- Seniors with income at or below 200% of federal poverty guidelines
- Seniors who own and reside in their own homes
How to Get Started
- Contact 1 of 6 Service Provider agencies.