Weatherization Assistance Program

Program Basics

The Weatherization Assistance Program provides energy conservation measures in dwelling units occupied by families at or below 150% of the federal poverty income guidelines as established by the US Office of Management and Budget.  For eligible homeowners and renters, there is no direct cost to participate in the program.  Owners of eligible rental properties may be required to pay of 50% of any capital improvement measures that are installed.

Energy Conservation Measures

After a home energy assessment is performed by a trained energy auditor, a dwelling unit may qualify for some of these typical energy conservation measures:

  • Air sealing;
  • Energy efficient light bulbs;
  • Insulation;
  • Low-flow shower heads;
  • Pipe wraps;
  • Solar screens; and
  • Weather-stripping.

Service Areas

The Nevada Housing Division's (NHD) role is to provide funding to eligible nonprofit agency called Sub-grantees.  If interested, DO NOT call the NHD Office but contact the Sub-grantee in your area for specific detail on how to apply:

  • Community Services Agency (CSA) service area includes Washoe County - Phone number: (775) 786-6023
  • HELP of Southern Nevada (HELP) service area includes the City of Las Vegas, City of Henderson and Southern Rural Clark County - Phone Number: (702) 795-0575
  • Nevada Rural Housing Authority (NRHA) service area includes Carson City, Churchill County, Douglas County, Lyon County, City of North Las Vegas, Northern Rural Clark County and Storey County - Phone number: Northern: (775) 887-1795, ext. 112 Southern: (702) 660-5136
  • Rural Nevada Development Corporation (RNDC) service area includes the following counties: Elko, Esmeralda, Eureka, Humboldt, Lander, Lincoln, Mineral, Nye, Pershing, and White Pine Phone Numbers: (775) 289-8519 or toll free (866) 404-5204